Watch your fingers! It’s time for our annual Carnivorous Plant Day! (Just kidding – your fingers won’t be harmed.) Steve Branchaud, a plant enthusiast with extensive knowledge growing award-winning carnivorous plants, and a beloved employee here at Rolling Green Nursery, will teach us about these extraordinary plants — many of them native to new England. He will explain what and how they eat, and share some fun facts and professional care techniques.
Here are the topics he will cover in class:
- Focus on temperate carnivorous plants: sarracenia, Venus flytraps & sundews
- Growing carnivorous plants outdoors here in New England
- Water, food, soil & sunlight needs
- Different trapping mechanisms and how they attract & catch insects: snap traps, pitfall traps, sticky traps
- How to keep your Venus flytrap alive & happy!
- Demonstration on how to make a bog pot
- Overwintering your plants
For anyone who enjoys gardening, this is a special treat, and you’ll be impressed to learn yet again how smart Mother Nature can be!
Steve will also be hosting a carnivorous PLANT SALE all day!
Bring a friend and join us here on July 6 at 10:30AM. Please RSVP here so we can get a rough headcount ahead of time. We’ll see you there!