As part of our free Garden School Series, come learn from Patti, a Rolling Green Nursery employee and avid gardener, who has been growing her own 10+ raised beds for 20 years. She’ll share her tips for preparing your own raised beds for winter, and how you can easily grow garlic in them for a great spring crop.
Some of what you’ll learn:
- How to plant garlic for a springtime crop of garlic scapes, and then a summer crop of garlic bulbs – all from one plant!
- Protecting your crops through cold weather
- When to use cover crops
- Why to us salt marsh hay as a protective layer
- How to prune back plants and protect their roots
- How to retain soil in the beds and encourage soil regeneration